Yesterday World of Goo (co-)creator Kyle Gabler released the soundtrack to their brilliant game World of Goo. It’s the same in-game songs, so if you have played the game your going to enjoy the soundtrack. The servers went down pretty quick last night, but are now up and running. So check out 2dboy.com or download it from me.
Since my girlfriend and I moved into our apartment, things have been a bit busy. Getting stuff to work, paint walls, set up furniture, make food, school and so on. Luckily we are getting done with most of the stuff. Our bedroom is now painted. Looking really fly, and we’re planning on moving the bed tomorrow. Need to dry and air the smell out first. I’m also starting with my mandatory task in java tomorrow. Probably not getting it done, but will at least get a huge step further than I’m now. Also I’ve been seeing more and more game I want to buy and play. Too bad the time and money doesn’t stretch that far. “Anywho”, N+ level pack #2 is hitting XBLA tomorrow and 2D Boy is done with their World of Goo! Yay!
There is some news over at World of Goo, and what news. Read them here, or head over to 2DBoy.
World of Goo will be finished THIS SUMMER. The precise release date depends on whenever our publishers think is best, offset by mysterious submission processes, humor translation, and floating point rounding rules. But here’s what I do know:
1. We got through ESRB with a rating the whole family can enjoy! Muahahaha.
2. We got a brave new 2D Boy Paul to help look for bugs, and make sure all the Goo tastes just right.
3. Everything is getting translated into 5 languages: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German
4. There were some rumors, so just to confirm: Yes, the Wii version will have multiplayer co-op play in every single level. Additional players can join in or leave at any time. We have not tried (yet) on any child specimens, but I think this will be a very good mode for parents playing with offspring.
5. We submitted an early test submission to Nintendo so they can let us know ahead of time if we’re missing anything, spelling Nintendo wrong, etc.
6. We’ll likely be doing a final round of beta. I’ll post more about beta volunteering on the forum a bit later when the beta builds are ready.
Brought to you by the letter E!
Bought a “new” game last night. Was a bit bored and needed a new fun game. So I headed over to the Indiegames blog and read about “World of Goo”. It wasn’t the first time I looked at it, but since I’ve lost the bid on Shenmue earlier that evening I had money to spend, so why not check it out. It’s not done yet, but if you pre-orded it you would get the first chapter to play with. So I thought that would be money well spent. And it was. Those little Goo’s are so fun and cute to play with that it’s hard to put it away. Continue reading World of Goo