Trials 2 SE new patch v1.07 is out now. Start your game to download it or visit redlynxtrials.com to try the demo. A lot of new stuff arrived with this patch. A bone breaking sound, new levels and also a new camera mode called “fly by”. So thinking about making a new video if I can get the hang of the new camera mode. Hit the jump to see all the new features.
v1.07 has been released 27/5/2008. Here is the list of changes:
Technical issues (bug fixes and optimizations):
– Fixed issues with Windows user and directory names that had non-ascii characters on them (affects mostly players with Japanese, Chinese and Korean Windows languages). Now you can run the game using any OS language.
– Level selector scrolling bug fixed.
– Layout fixes to all menus showing player ranking numbers. Now there is enough space for 100 000 players (99 999) in every place.
– Fixed a random crash bug in profile menu opening (thread synchronization issue)
– Optimized shadow generation. Around 15% less polygons needed to generate the same result.
– Fine tuning of post process shaders (slight performance and quality improvements for Motion Blur and Depth of Field).
– Optimized deferred sharing lighting pass. A 5-10% frame rate improvement can be seen on cards with unified shaders.
– Fixed a bug in volumetric particle rendering. Now the volumetric rendering works correctly on stretched particle effects such as fire and flames.
– Fixed several crash bugs in corrupted file handling (setup.dat, process.dat and profiles.dat). Now the game recreates corrupted data and doesn’t misbehave in any way.
Features and improvements:
– New demo that is much more friendly for beginners. More easy and tutorial tracks. Harder tracks not playable (replay showing how to pass the track in full version instead).
– Completely new tutorial mode with 7 new redesigned tutorial tracks.
– Tutorial help dialog at beginning of each tutorial track with tips how to overcome the obstacles in the tracks.
– Prerecorded example ride (with button presses) for each tutorial track to help the player learning process. “View example ride” button is always visible when riding tutorial tracks.
– Added track category names to downloadable levels in level selector screens (small text).
– New improved “Teams” menu layout.
– Team lists now shows top 25 teams and 25 nearest teams (used to be top 10 and 11 nearest).
– Track record “near you” list scrolling (up and down)
– “Fly by” camera mode (usable for video capturing and replays)
– Improved bike wheel shadows
– Track and category unlocking (game progress)
– 6 new levels: 4 tutorial levels, 1 easy level, 1 medium level. Level total count now 51.