Last Sunday I met up with some forum-buddies of mine to drive some Scale truck. This was my first real trip since I bought the beast in November. We went to Ekebergåsen where we found some really good, but maybe a tad difficult spots.
Roads never look steep on pictures, but it was. I sadly had to lift my car over this section as it was to steep and slippery.
My friend Kjell’s car on the left and Stig on the right.
Got my new used Tamiya F104W yesterday. The car is a formual 1 car and I’m really looking forward to try it out. Just need to get my and on a new ESC, a 21,5T motor, and a body. The car dosen’t look that used, with nice wheels and no damage. Only some dust from the carpet it’s been driven on before. Nothing a dust blower can clean.
Sadly it’s a bit to wide to compete with, but I got it for a really good price, plus I know there are conversion kits to narrow it.
I also sold my Team Shepherd last week. I knew that I wouldn’t have the time, or money to get it up and running. It is enough with one 1/8 car.
Got some Arduino and Bluetooth parts in the mail. These are for a Arduino RC project I’m working on. The one mentioned earlier. I’m kinda tired now, so don’t feel to write a long blog.
So to keep it short, it is about controlling light and winch in my RC scaler with my phone using Bluetooth. As you’ve seen in the earlier videos it is working really well. I’ve also been in contact with other RC enthusiast which want to buy my solution. So I’ve ordered ten Arduinos and ten Bluetooth modules.
Tam tam tam da! Got my own promo car! GunnarB over at Radiostyrt.no has as side project of custom painting RC bodies. So I decided to throw some money his way and asked him to make one for me. It is based of the Swift’s you can rent from Rent4Ring in Germany, which I’ve driven my self (it’s a lot of fun!). So here it is. There are more photos after the jump, and they are all taken by Gunnar!
What do you think? I’m really pleased with how it turned out. Now I just need to be a better driver so I don’t wreck it!
I was at RCLand yesterday testing out my new sweep tires for the m-chassis. It worked really well, especial after only using grip liquid on only the back wheel. To try to get even more down force in the back, I decided to try out a wing for the car. Or at least, that what I said. It was mostly for show, so I went for the biggest wing they had!
So, this was supposed to come out yesterday, but I forgot all about it. “Anywho”, got some more RC parts in the mail yesterday. Yay for me! Some new tires and my Lotus Elise MK1 body! Can’t wait to paint it. Going to look sweet!
So, yeah, got some more parts. This time a winch and some ball bearings. The winch is for my scaler and I managed to control it with my phone. Going to post a video and some more about my “secret” project later this week. Hopefully tomorrow.