As you see on the last “Life of ‘name'” posts, I’ve been to Tromsø visiting a friend. If you ever get a change to travel, you should definitive go to Tromsø. It’s a really quiet town on a small island surrounded by sea and big mountains. Not far from Lyngs alps, if your into skiing. Most of the time we just relaxed, but we did take some time to go to a museum and look around the island. Since his girlfriend also had a friend visiting, we went out shopping. I had originally not planned to buy anything, but I was kinda looking for some new pants. Sadly I did not find any new pants, but found two cool hoodies (extra long, was shopping for the first time in a ladies store), sweetpants (just like normal sweatpants) and a new jacket. Nearly bought a new dress, but didn’t have much space in mu luggage. I’ve also came over some old Middle Earth cards (pictures after the jump) that I just had to buy, never seen those in a store before. Too bad the only had two decks. Guess it’s time for me to learn this game.
I’ve uploaded some cool graffiti I found in Tromsø to my Flickr account. Decided to start using it more. So head over to the graffiti set. I’m also thinking about uploading pictures I took while there, what do you think? You want to see?
In other news, I got 50 more Litago cows from a friend of mine. Woho! Thinking about using some of them to make an army of look a like cows. Got some other ideas?
Continue reading I’ve been to Tromsø
I’ve been away this weekend to celebrate The Constitution of Norway. We (some friends and I) went to my cabin half an hour drive outside Oslo. Wasn’t the best weather on Saturday, but we barbecued and had fun. Tried to walk on my slack line over a broken bridge, but was to much rocks in the water and we had some trouble putting it up. So we dropped it.
Later that night we started playing games, and ended up inventing a game we called “Banzai!”. Which is a very active card game, and the best part is that it really works to play. Not just when we invented it, but the day after too. So here are the rules, so you can play it too.
Rules of Banzai!
- 5 players, with two teams and one Banzai! Master.
- Four cards on hand, four on the table face-up
- Every round is a Banzai! raid, where you put out two cards from your hand face-up
- Then the Banzai! Master says “Banzai! raid”
- Then you can pick up the cards you want (max four cards on your hand at all time!)
- The goal is to get four of a kind (also called Banzai!)
- If you get four of kind, you shout out “Banzai!” and throw your fist in the air and then your teammate respond and do the same
- If you manage this, your team will get one point
- But, the one on the other team may shout “Kamikaze” before your teammate respond, then they will get the one point
- If that happens, the one with “Banzai!” have to discard his/her cards to the Banzai! Master and pick up some new ones
- There is also a card called refuge, which is the bottom card. This card will get flipped and placed underneath the deck standing out so the players can see at least half of the card
- The point of the refuge is to let players sneak it into game (if the for ex need it to get four of a kind) or, if there is no refuge. Sneak out a new refuge (this way you can ruin another players chance to get four of a kind)
- When someone is sneaking in/out a refuge another player (even teammate) can slap the sneakers hand (flat hand, and not hard). Then the refuge is discarded
- If the Banzai! Master slaps the sneaker on his/her hand, the Banzai! Master get’s one point and the refuge is put back where it come from
It still need some calibration, but we’ll get there!
PS: Which should be the new Banzai! logo? State your vote (number) in the comment section!