The reason for the lack of posts is because I’ve been quite busy working with my master thesis that I delivered yesterday! So my summer break have (kinda) started. Need to give a presentation about my thesis sometime between the 5th and 20th of June before I get my grade and diploma. It is very nice to finally be done, but it also feels a bit strange. “What to do now” kind of feeling, as I have worked a lot on the paper the last 5 months. So if you want to read it you can click here, but be aware, it is 121 pages about implementation of editors with textual domain-specific languages. Check out the abstract underneath.
Keywords: ThingML1 , Open-source, Framework, Editor, Integrated de- velopment environment (IDE), Domain-specific language (DSL), Eclipse, RsyntaxTextArea, Eclipse Modeling Framework, EMFText, Xtext. In this thesis there has been a research on different text-editor frame- works that can be easily implemented with a domain-specific language. Several frameworks were tested both by implementing a language and by a comparison of available data. From this we ended up favouring RSyn- taxTextArea and made a fully working editor with the language ThingML. Features implemented were syntax highlighting, code suggestion/comple- tion, outline/syntax tree, and error-reporting. These selected features were chosen by having a survey of which gathered information on what kind of editors developers use, what kind of features the editors supports and what features that were used.
You may be wondering what I’m going to do next, and part of me are doing the same, but I have some projects that I would like to do. Since I have three months before I start working again I think I should be able to finish them all, *crossing fingers*. Also, I will write more about my job in August.
Following is a list of summer projects 2013!
- Blog! My draftlog is pretty big, so expect a new post each day the coming weeks.
- More bloging, want to do at least one “songweek” and one “vinyl week” the coming month.
- Code! I have a lot of coding projects that I want to get done with. For now I’m working on a game and learning a new language called Lua (with the framework Löve2d) which is really fun, plus I have some Heroclix apps that needs to be upgraded. So we’ll see how that goes.
- I’m also still working on my NTE car, I’ve decided to upgrade the motor to brushless instead of the brushed. It wasn’t good enough for the big 1/8 car, but it fit perfectly in my old Tamiya FF-01. So we’ll see how much money I can gather. I still have the g-force program to code, so that is going to be fun.
- Speaking of RC cars. I’ve been filming jumps and driving with my buggy so I’m hoping to be able to put together a little film. Jumping in 240 fps looks very cool!
I think that is all.