I mention in an earlier post that I had bought a new computer (plus a Chromecast!). I’ve been long thinking about buying a desktop computer (since I started working and earning money), but I never got around or felt I had a good reason. Also, before the summer I was packing down because I was selling my apartment, so that wasn’t a good time to buy a new computer.
This fall I got a small game development job making a game for UIO:Energi called Energispillet, so since I got a small fee for that, and I was tired of working on my laptop, which I just found out that I forgot to blog about. It was a Acer TimelineX 3830TG 13.3″, a nice laptop! That is why I decided to order my self a brand new desktop computer with just the hardware I wanted! Or, nearly just the hardware I wanted. I had a limit, so no fancy PSU or abandons of RAM and memory. So this is what I ended up with.
- BitFenix Phenom M Sort
- Vifter: 1x 120mm Bunn, 1x 120mm Bak, mATX, mITX,
- Intel Core i7-4770 Processor -Demo
- Socket-LGA1150, Quad Core, 3.4GHz, 8MB, 84W, HD460
- ASUS Z97M-PLUS, Socket-1150
- m-ATX, Z97, DDR3, 2xPCIe-x16, CFX, VGA, DVI, HDMI,
- Samsung 24″ LED SyncMaster S24D390H
- 1920×1080 PLS, 5ms, 1m:1, VGA/HDMI
- Razer DeathStalker
- Expert Gaming Keyboard – USB, Nordic layout
- HyperX 3K SSD 240GB 2.5″ w/Watchdogs vou
- SATA 6 Gb/s (SATA3.0), 555MB/510MB/s read/write, S
- HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 16GB Black
- 2x8GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM (Kit of 2) HyperX Fur
- Cooler Master V650S, 650W PSU -Demo
- ATX 12V V2.3, 80 Plus Gold, Modular, 2x 6+2pin PCI
- Noctua NT-H1 Kjølepasta
- 3.5 gram, High-Performance Hybrid
- Crucial MX100 SSD 128GB 2,5″ 7mm
- SATA 3.0 6GB/s, 9,5mm adapter, 550/150Mb/s read/wr
- ASUS USB-N13 11n USB Adapter
- PSP XLink Kai Support, Secure and Consistent conne
I’m pretty pleased with the setup, and it is working as a charm both with Ubuntu 14.04 and Windows 7 (even though I had some problem with the wifi).
See some images after the jump.